If you’d like to join Beavers, Cubs, Scouts or Explorers, please ask your parent or guardian to:
- Read the section below on ‘Parent Support’; and
- Submit the appropriate online application form (see links below).
The annual membership subscriptions are currently (2019 – 20 session):
Parents/guardians should note that:
- Of that sum, £28 is passed directly to the Scout Association in membership fees. The balance is retained by the section to meet the day-to-day running costs of the section – eg helping to pay for outings or activities.
- None of the annual subscription is used to meet the costs involved in running and maintaining the Scout Hall and purchasing and maintaining camping and activities equipment.
- To cover these costs, the Group runs an annual programme of fundraising events. We rely on the active support of ALL parents/guardians to ensure the success of each event and to raise the £17000 or so – or approximately £99 per young person – that it costs to run and maintain the Scout Hall each year (with the main items of expenditure being heating and lighting, insurance, cleaning and repairs and maintenance, etc).
- In the 28th we expect EVERY family to get involved in helping with our fundraising. In particular, we expect at least one parent/guardian from each family to assist with our annual Jumble Sale, which is our main fundraising event. Jumble Sale week is the week leading up to the first Saturday in October and we need parents to assist for at least one session of 2 – 4 hours, either helping to collect or sort jumble on the Monday – Thursday evenings leading up to the sale or helping to run stalls on the day of the sale.
- Where possible, we also ask that each family assists with one other fund raising event during the year.
- No previous experience is necessary – it is usually great fun and gives everyone a chance to get involved and contribute to our scout community!
Submitting Your Online Application
Please choose the link below and complete the application form.
The relevant leader will acknowledge receipt of the form and advise on the timing of the next intake.
|Apply to Join Beavers|
|Apply to Join Cubs|
|Apply to Join Scouts|
|Apply to Join Explorers|