As some of the government restrictions around the COVID-19 pandemic begin to be relaxed again, we’re starting to plan for how we’ll be able to return to face-to-face Scouts activities at the 28th.
Scouts Scotland has recently confirmed that we have moved to the AMBER readiness level, and can resume face-to-face Scouting once again.
Of course, we’ve been here before, and once again we’ll be following the Scouts’ ‘COVID Code’ to keep young people and adults safe:
- Control measures will be in place for all activities
- Additional hygiene measures will be put in place
- Social distancing will be observed
- Group sizes will be limited
- Adjustments will be made for young people vulnerable or affected by COVID
Returning to face-to-face Scouts is voluntary for all young people, parents/carers and volunteers. Your child’s Section Leader will be in touch directly to share their plans for meeting face-to-face in due course.
In the meantime, we would ask that you prepare for this by familiarising yourself with our updated “Guidance for Parents” document, which is attached.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Assistant Group Scout Leader